Search This Blog

Monday, August 27, 2018

All my chickens are laying...What Now!!

Ways to Use Extra Eggs

ways to use lots of extra eggs

Big eggs, little eggs, brown eggs, blue eggs…

That was my best attempt at a Dr. Seuss impression… But yeah, my life can be summed up by a single word at the moment: EGGS.
The ducks are laying, the chickens are laying, I have eggs in the incubator (ready to hatch this week… eeek!), eggs on my counter, eggs in the basket, eggs falling out of my fridge. I’m drowning in eggs.
I’m giving them away, and we’re eating lots of scrambled eggs for supper, but they keep on coming. And coming… And coming. I know I’m not the only one with this wonderfully delicious problem, as I’m hearing a lot of you mention this exact same predicament lately.
So may I present– a big ginormous list of wonderful, amazing, tasty ways to use all your extra eggs. Some of these feature eggs as the star (like frittatas or crepes), while others just call for 3-4 eggs per recipe (like the quick breads or homemade pasta). Regardless, they are all good ways to put your egg stash to good use.
(You’re welcome)

50+ Ways to Use Extra Eggs

should you wash eggs?

The Eggy Basics:

Preserving & Fermenting Eggs:

ways to use lots of extra eggs

Breakfast Ideas Made with Eggs:



Breads with Extra Eggs:

eggs-home

Lunch & Supper with Eggs:

ways to use lots of extra eggs

Desserts Made With Eggs:

Eggy Odds & Ends: